Sunday, September 7, 2008

Church....the new lost and found

We have learned in the last year that our church is a great lost and found. Let me tell you two very cool stories about my son Christopher.

First: Last year my son played soccer and was given a soccer ball to bring to each practice. We, of course, put his name on it so it could be easily identified. He accidentally left his ball at Ravensdale Park one practice and we could not locate it. He was extremely upset about this. A few months later we went to a primary activity at the church and his soccer ball, with his name on it, was sitting in the church foyer. How did it get there from being lost at the park? We have no idea. It pays to go to church.

Second: Christopher has a favorite zip up jacket that he loves to wear, but continually leaves places. He left this one at the school last year before summer break. He realized what he had done while we were school shopping this year. He was so upset and was hoping the school still had his jacket. First day of school he learned that they give all the lost and found items to charity and therefore his jacket was gone. He was so devastated. Not only because he lost his favorite jacket, but because I refused to buy him a new one. Need to teach him responsibility. Well strange enough, Christopher found that jacket hanging up at the church today. Wow! I didn't even believe it until he showed me the tag with his name written on it in my handwriting. So how did this jacket that was left at school months ago end up at the church today? I have no idea. Again....it pays to go to church.

Have any of you lost any items lately? My advice....go to church!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've lost my mind...but still can't seem to find it!

Wendy said...

Wow! That's all I can say!

Leslie Behunin said...

NO WAY!!!! He must be living right! :)

Lynne said...

I'm with your friend Tiffany...I actually think I lost it while holding some of my callings at the church...:-)

Sarah J. said...

We got our car stolen out of our driveway on a Sunday night two years ago... we KNEW Jake's mission scriptures (his favorites with every name of every person he baptized in it), were in the car. He was devastated but we chalked it up to really bad luck. This past Father's Day, our good friend from the other ward came up to us as we got to church and told Jake he had "some scriptures" in the lost and found. He about DIED (and ME too!) when low and behold they were his mission scriptures. It was a small miracle for us. Pays to go to church!

Zappe Family said...

Pretty cool story!

debi said...

Hmmm...Carter switched Sunday shoes with Dylan Eyring about 5 weeks ago and they have not been able to see each other to switch yet!!!!! There is some Lost and Found voo doo afoot!!!!

ha ha....a....foot...get it....

Carson Calderwood said...

Trey left his coat at the house when it was being built and when we went back just a couple hours later it was mysteriously gone! We got a call last week from McDonalds saying we left a coat there. When we went to get it, it was the stolen coat from 10 months ago! Glad we put his name and number in it and grateful that the thief left it at McDonalds.

TeamOlsen said...

Hey Stacy I lost a 52 inch plasma t.v, do you think you could check your lost and found for me? hehe or wait... maybe it was a Hummer. Anyway, I do enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work.
Kim

jsabbott6 said...

Okay....You leave a comment on all 3 of my new posts and I can't seem to write a single word about your family and the great experiences. You are too kind and I REALLY appreciate having you in my life supporting me and cheering me on all the way. Miss you tons.
P.S. I am glad Christopher found his jacket, especially with all those rainy days in Washington-hehehe

Bennett Family said...

very cool!

of course the skeptic in me wonders why so many MISSING things are showing up at CHURCH?! :)
who is the thief? isn't that horrible.

in any case, you have been blessed and THAT is a good thing! the good wins!!!!!